It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we use ISPF Client to build with source code in USS/OMVS?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Sep 27 '12, 7:10 p.m.
edited Sep 27 '12, 8:45 p.m.
We have a customer who has their source code stored in USS on the z platform. I'm trying to find out if the ISPF Client can perform the check-in, deliver, build steps or is it only for code stored in ISPF data sets?  

I found this in the help but doesn't give me the answer specifically.

The Rational Team Concertâ„¢ Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) client provides an ISPF interface to perform various Rational Team Concert functions. You can use the interface to edit, check-in, deliver, and build code that is stored in a Rational Team Concert repository.

The ISPF Client is installed as part of the Build System Toolkit during the SMP/E installation of FMID HAHB300. Ensure the SMP/E installation of this FMID has been completed.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Sep 29 '12, 1:57 a.m.

bump bump bump

One answer

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Oct 03 '12, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the customer is storing their code in a hierarchical filesystem on z/OS they can use the SCM CLI in the same way you would use it on any other Unix OS using the scm and lscm commands. If they plan to load the source code in both z/OS and in other operating systems then they will need to be careful about the text encoding as z/OS is an EBCDIC operating system while most others use use unicode-based character encodings such as UTF-8. However, if the code is only ever loaded on z/OS then this should be transparent.

The SCM CLI should be available in the scmtools directory of build system toolkit installed as part of the SMP/E installation package.

Here is an article on how to use the SCM CLI: https://jazz.net/library/article/620

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.