It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivering Change Sets delivers unexpected files

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Sep 27 '12, 3:02 p.m.
retagged Sep 27 '12, 4:53 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
Just a few minutes ago, I had two files with modifications in the Unresolved folder of my Pending Changes view.  I right-clicked on one of them, created a new change set and associated a work item with it.  Then I right-clicked on the change set and did "deliver and resolve work item."  When it finished, the other file was gone from Pending Changes!  I checked the change set associated with the work item -- and there it was, sucked up into the change set.  This is Bad Behavior.  I did not want to deliver that second file.

I'm using the RTC 3.0.4 feature installed into the Eclipse 4.2 Java EE package.

Comments?  Bug?

Chris

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 27 '12, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@cbarlock: I opened a new defect Delivering Change Sets delivers unexpected files (234179). Please follow up there.

Chris Barlock commented Sep 27 '12, 6:47 p.m.

Thank you, Bo!

2 answers

permanent link
Olivier Thomann (111) | answered Oct 02 '12, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Chris,

Could you please confirm that comment 2 helped you to solve your issue?
If this is the case, then the work item 234179 can be closed?
Thanks.

Olivier

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Oct 02 '12, 3:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@cbarlock: see above.

Chris Barlock commented Oct 02 '12, 3:20 p.m.

Thanks Olivier.  I didn't see your previous email.  Yes, changing the preference to Prompt for action does solve the problem.  I hesitated at the prompt, though.  It asked if I wanted to check in the changes and it wasn't crystal clear if it would check in the unresolved changes if I clicked yes or do nothing if I clicked no.  I clicked no and saw that it checked in the change set and left the unresolved files alone.  I think there is room for improvement in the prompt dialog.

That said, 234179 can be closed, unless you want to use it to improve the prompt.  I'll leave that call up to you.

permanent link
Olivier Thomann (111) | answered Oct 01 '12, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Could you please check your preference in:
Preferences>Team>Jazz Source Control>Default action when delivering while there are unresolved changes?

Please report the value of this option there.

Thanks.

Olivier

Comments
Chris Barlock commented Oct 01 '12, 9:57 a.m.

It is set to "Check-in and deliver".

Chris

Olivier Thomann commented Oct 01 '12, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chris,

With the option set up that way, the described behavior looks good to me. The option is set up to make sure that unresolved changes are checked in before delivering the code.
Reset the value to :
Continue without checkin
or
Prompt for action
and make sure you don't ask to checkin if you don't want your unresolved changes to be checkin and deliver.

You can also checkin your unresolved changes in a new change set and only deliver the first one.

Hope this help,

Olivier

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.