It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Another problems after restoring database backup to another Jazz Server

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Sep 27 '12, 12:14 a.m.
 Oh, I think I should tell you the whole things I did, actually I think what I did is not very complicated, I have two server which both run the CLM 3.0.1.3, but for some reasons I have to move the project area from the old server to the new server, I thought of two ways, the first one was retore the old server DB backup to the new server, the other one was just export the WI and import them to the new server, but that was just for RTC, for RRC and RQM, I didnot know how to do, 

what I did is:

Also I knew I would lost many information such as links and history of the WI if I use the second method, but for the first method it also have critical problem, which is that the URI cannot be modified, so if the two server have a different URI, that would be not possible to do the moving, but I remembered actually the both  server  didnot have a real URI, we are using their integral host name(include domain name) as URI during the jts/setup after both server installation, and the client have to add the "serverIP myhost.com" to their Hosts files if they want to access the server

1. restore the old jazz server db backup to new server
2. run the repotools-jts -resetRepoLockId
2. change the new server's hosts file makes the URI the same as the old server
3. run the jts/setup in new server, and re-configure the public URI
4. change every application's teamserver.properties
5. and that problem I mentioned above appear

the is the brief process, the sequence may be wrong I don't remember exactly

so you can see where is the problem, and I will try give you more detail

thanks so much!!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 28 '12, 8:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As mentioned in the other thread, this step is should not be possible had you successfully restored a backup:

5. run the jts/setup in new server, and re-configure the public URI

The public URI should already be set and contain the old values. Also you would not have to register the applications that were already registered.
You should not even have to run the setup after restoring your backup.

Comments
haizi wu commented Sep 28 '12, 9:02 a.m.

Thank you so much, I have done the migration, but I am wondering if it can affect the upgrading from 3.0.1.3 to 4.0,  I will do the upgrading next, could you give some advice 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 28 '12, 10:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What did you wrong the first time? The upgrade is described in the help. The library might contain some articles. Since the upgrade is supposed to be simpler than in the past, the help should do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.