It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the Money that matters sample?

Thomas Starz (1812015) | asked Sep 26 '12, 8:14 a.m.
edited Sep 27 '12, 9:23 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
After two (unsuccessful) attempts of getting an answer for my problem (because the answers I got did not solve my problem), I'll try another one:

How can I manage to get an environment with the Money that matters sample installed so that I can play with it?

I *know* how to install the sample in a server but this knowledge does not help in my situation.
I *know* how to get a sandbox but this does not help me either. In fact, I have one... but without the sample installed.

I know that I do need JazzAdmin rights to install the sample, but I do not have any server where I am JazzAdmin.
I would prefer to play in a Sandbox, but in the sandbox provided on jazz.net, of course, I am no JazzAdmin either.

Here is my question:
Can I *somehow* get a Sandbox where the sample is already installed at the time I get it?
- If yes, please help me how I do that because I did not find such an option in the dialog where I requested the sandbox.
- If no, does this mean that I need to install my private rtc server on my local machine to get the sample?

Any suggestion that helps me ending up with a working sample will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

- Thomas

Accepted answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Sep 27 '12, 9:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm the lead for Jazz.net and we administer the sandbox. Due to the nature of how the MtM sample is deployed and the nature of the shared Sandbox, we do not currently support creating the MtM sample in the Sandbox. We are looking for a way to support this sample data in future sandboxes. The suggestions from Fariz and Ralph are good: set up and configure your MtM sample in your own test server where you have JazzAdmins and the ability to fully configure the server.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Irv Badr commented Oct 07 '13, 11:04 a.m.

Hello Seth,
Is MtM now set up for use? Beware that using existing data in sandbox is not just beneficial for self,  but could be used as evaluation for customers trying out jazz for the first time

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 07 '13, 2:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Irv,

Experience shows, that it is better to set up your own server, even only Tomcat and Derby or Tomcat and DB2 for customer evaluations. Express install on derby for playing around makes it simple. If you really want to eval, DB2 is available.

4 other answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Sep 26 '12, 1:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

I would follow Ralph Schoon suggestion to setup your own CLM test server with sample project. In addition to installing CLM and MtM sample project, there are some post-installation steps to get your environment in the state to exercise MtM lifecycle scenario. You can find details at https://jazz.net/rm/resources/_-QrUATKjEeGFPKPBgbKpsA

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 26 '12, 11:39 a.m.
My best suggestion is to set up a test server on your own machine. Don't install into Program Files. Use Tomcat and Derby for it. This is what I am doing all the time.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 27 '12, 7:10 a.m.

I tagged this with Sandbox. I don't know who administers the sandbox, but I try to forward this to someone who might know. (I still think a local install would be better).

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Sep 26 '12, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Money that Matters sample also uses some specific user accounts so installing on a production server is probably not a good option even if you are an administrator.

Comments
Robert Rassmann commented Sep 26 '12, 10:44 a.m.

That is true. To use the sample on a production machine you could end up wasting licenses on the sample users.

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Sep 26 '12, 10:27 a.m.
There in no offering that automatically installs the sample.  It seems that you options would be 1) Get your admin to create the sample project for you.  2) Get admin rights on the server so that you can do it yourself.  3) Do a private install on a machine or an image.  Then you can give yourself admin rights.  If you are doing a "throw away" install where you don't plan on keeping the server you can pretty much take the defaults in the setup wizard, using derby as the database and putting all three applications on the same server.  This makes the install/setup easy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.