It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI - How to include Planned Test Case Execution in RRDI report?

Matt McGinn (632610) | asked Sep 25 '12, 8:33 p.m.
We are trying to build a custom Test Execution report for a client - the main thing they want to graph is a series based on the number of test cases that are planned to be executed so that they can compare it to their actual Test Case Execution - is there any way to do this in RRDI?

One answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Oct 08 '12, 12:11 a.m.
Actually it is hard to say test case planned to be executed in a milestone in RQM. The execution of test case is TCER with milestone, not test case itself in RQM.

If they want to see trend report, they have to use Metrics in FM of RRDI. I checked the metrics and found 'Test Case Metrics with Iteration' would meet his requirement. It retrieves the test case number from the test cases TCER in a test plan and milestone.

You could drag the Total Test Cases, the dimension Date, Test Plan, Iteration, Project etc. to build such report.

However, I have to ask which version of CLM and RRDI are you using? Because there is a problem in ETL query to get Test Plan, Iteration dimensions for this metrics in CLM 3.x.  It has been fixed since CLM 4.0.
See CLM Data Collection Jobs ETL fix WI Adopt Insight's Star changes in Java ETL (201358) and Rational Insight WI against the Data Manager ETL changes Test Case Metrics with Iteration: Needs to join Test Case and Iteration via the test cases' TERs. (57273).

Comments
Matt McGinn commented Oct 08 '12, 12:25 a.m. | edited Oct 08 '12, 12:26 a.m.

Thanks Jun - I have had that solution suggested previously, unfortunately it does not work. We are using CLM v3.
Any other suggestion or example reports would be appreciated.

Jun Wang commented Oct 08 '12, 12:46 a.m.

There is an escalation for us created by RICHA AWASTHY that is asking the same thing. Is he working with you?

Matt McGinn commented Oct 15 '12, 7:06 p.m.

Yes. Richa has been working with me, she provided the same answer to me but did not mention the defect in v3.x - not sure if she was told about the defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.