It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Will custom project dashboards be inherited by other projects that share its configuration?

Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | asked Sep 25 '12, 4:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Will modified or custom project dashboards for a project be inherited by other projects that share its configuration? 

If I want to have a number of projects with an identical project dashboard can I simply start by creating a project with the process I want to use then modify it's project dashboard?

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Sep 25 '12, 4:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 No. A project that shares it's configuration will only share the dashboard template, not dashboards that have been manually changed.

Dashboard customization for a shared process should be done by customizing the process template. Either by creating a new process or by modifying an existing one. Note that a new process can be created by exporting an existing one and editing it (note that the id must be unique) and then importing it.

Some information for process customization is in the online help, in particular dashboard customization is covered here.

There is also an article on Jazz.net about shared configurations for work item management.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.