It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there way to ignore sources with scm checkin/deliver?

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Sep 25 '12, 3:21 a.m.
My customer is looking for a way to ignore some sources with scm checkin/deliver.
An idea is like .jazzIgnore file for Eclipse client.

I could not find any option for it.
Let me know if there is a way to archive this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 25 '12, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can edit the .jazzignore file manually or using the UI (just clicking ignore) or adding ignored resources while sharing. The data will be saved as rules in the .jazzignore file, which will be under scm to allow consistent sharing.
ryosuke oka selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Sep 25 '12, 4:32 a.m.

Thank you, Ralph.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 25 '12, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't understand the question here. You can add file to the ignore list and they will be ignored. So what is the scenario here?

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Sep 25 '12, 3:46 a.m.

Oh, I see I probably misunderstand the client's question.

so, the Eclipse client has "Ignore Resources" setting and RTC has .jazzIgnore file. The customer may be talking about "Ignore Resources" rather than .jazzIgnore file.

So the answer is we just need to use .jazzIgnore file for scm command, right? then it will ignore sources as we using Eclipse client for check-in/deliver.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Oct 10 '12, 5:05 p.m.
You can additional information about using .jazzignore in this topic in the information center:  Selecting resources to exclude from Rational Team Concert source control.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.