It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

About move a jazz database to another server

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Sep 24 '12, 10:58 p.m.
 Hi all:
I have this kind of request that I want move all Project Area from one server to another server, and what I did was like this: first backup the database of the original jazz server, then restore it to the target jazz server, after these thing being done, I start the jazz server, and go to the jts/setup, but I got error in the database configuration step, it give me these massage: 

"The configured database lock id does not match the lock id in the database. This can happen if 2 applications or Jazz Team Servers are trying to access the same set of tables, or if the lock id was overwritten or lost in the teamserver.properties configuration file. Check the server configuration and the database connection spec and ensure they are correct. To recover from an emergency lockout, the lock can be reset using the 'repotools -resetRepoLockId' command. Check the log file for information on the affected database.ID CRJAZ1770E"

I thought there should be something wrong with the URI, because these two server have a different URI, but I don't know exactly, is it possible to move the entire project area to another jazz server at DATABASE level, if it is, would you please tell me the detail things

Thanks so much!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Sep 26 '12, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
note the question was asked in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/89159/some-problems-after-restoring-database-backup-to-another-jazz-server
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 24 '12, 11:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Haizi,

It is possible to move your data at the database level, but you must preserve the original CLM server host name in order to complete the setup.  The database server name can change if needed.  Also, the lock ID message you referenced is typical when restoring data to another server, so you will need to clear that using the repotools -resetRepoLockId command before you can proceed with the setup, but the key is to preserve the CLM server name when you re-run the jts/setup.  Hope it helps,

Comments
haizi wu commented Sep 25 '12, 12:23 a.m.

Actually, We use the IP-Domain map as URI like this:10.68.18.180 XXX.com, I have modified the URI,and then when I want to run the repotools -resetRepoLockId command I can't find the "repotools" command, so I use the repotools-jts,repotools-ccm,repotools-qm instead, I run all of them respectly, but when I re-run the jts/setup,it is the same as before, that error message still exists

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 25 '12, 12:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, apologies.  The command you want to run would be repotools-jts -resetRepoLockId.  The problem could be that your teamserver.properties on the new server has not yet been configured to connect to your restored version of the database, so the lock is not actually being released.  You can configure the file manually to point to the right database/server, or you can copy over the teamserver.properties from the old server, and update the database connection information to point to the new DB server.  Otherwise, please provide the output returned from repotools-jts -resetRepoLockId.  Hope it helps,

Comments
haizi wu commented Sep 25 '12, 2:52 a.m.

Thanks so much for your quick reply, It seems that the problem I mentioned above were resolved, but when I get throught the rest of the setup, I encountered a problem when I go to the "Finalize Application" step, when I click the "Finalize Application Setup" button, then View Progress section of the page show these massage:

"Unable to save the consumer key and secret into the application's database. See details for more information.ID CRJAZ1850E"

Detail message is:

"HTTP Status 500 - A friend or application with the title "Jazz Team Server" is already configured. Please choose a new title.

type Status report

message A friend or application with the title "Jazz Team Server" is already configured. Please choose a new title.

description The server encountered an internal error (A friend or application with the title "Jazz Team Server" is already configured. Please choose a new title.) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.35"

How can I resolve this problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.