It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I select a WI type when I create a WI based on a requirement in a collection?

haizi wu (6054248) | asked Sep 24 '12, 5:34 a.m.
 Hi all:
I created some requirements and added it into a collection in RRC, and then I linked the collection to the RTC Plan, and I found that when I create WIs according to these requirements, I can't select a WI type, for example, in JKE Banking, The created WI are all story type, is  it possible to select a WI type when create a corresponding WI?

2 answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Sep 24 '12, 7:37 a.m.

Hi

As far as I know there is no way during creation.

What you can change, is the "default" type for the "Implemented by" object in the process

1. select Manage this Project Area
  2. select Work Item
  3. select Change Management Type Binding
  4. modify type for Implementation Request

Hope this helps

erwin

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 24 '12, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know of a way to create a different work item type other than story for a requirement collection.  You can submit an enhancement request for this functionality.

As a workaround, you could use the Create Work Items for Requirements button in the plan like you currently are and then open the work items individually and change the work item types.

Another workaround would be to open the requirements individually in rm and choose to add an Implemented By link.  In the dialog window, you can choose to create a work item of any type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.