It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS module getting corrupted.

Raj Kapoor (2741930) | asked Sep 24 '12, 4:15 a.m.
 We are presently facing an issue on DOORS application side where modules are getting corrupted.Please see the screenshot of an error message.

Inline images 1
To overcome this I got a technote from IBM site but my confusion is treedata.dtn.

1.Presently on DOORS DB directory treedata.dtb and treedata.dtn are present but treedata.dtc is not present.
2.According to the technote treedata.dtn should not be present.
3.If I create new treedata.dtc file in the mentioned directory and insert treedata.dtb content into treedata.dtc, then does issue get's resolved?What should I do with treedata.dtn and treedata.dtb after backing up treedata.dtc?
4.Issue is on Production server but before approaching PROD, I need to test DEV and QA.Now question is how to create replica of issue in DEV and QA? How to corrupt module in DEV and QA?

Tech NOTE from IBM-

Resolving the problem
If the current version of the data file is missing, the backup .dtb file may be used as a potential
replacement.
Here are the steps to replace the missing file.
Note: No users should be logged into the project with the problem module opened.
1. Make a copy of the directory as a backup
2. Navigate to the server data directory location identified for the problem module
3. Open the Current Version directory
4. Rename the treedata.dtb file from this directory to treedata.dtc
5. Restart the DOORS server
If the problem is not resolved after renaming the file, you need to obtain a working copy of the .dtc file
from system backup of the last known good version of the data file and paste it in the directory.

3 answers

permanent link
Raj Kapoor (2741930) | answered Sep 26 '12, 4:02 a.m.
 Thanks for your answers related to DOORS but raising the call to supportal every time is not the correct answer.

Let me give the solution-

1. Make a copy of the directory as a backup
2. Navigate to the server data directory location identified for the problem module
3. Open the Current Version directory
4. Rename the treedata.dtb file from this directory to treedata.dtc
5. Restart the DOORS server
If the problem is not resolved after renaming the file, you need to obtain a working copy of the .dtc file
from system backup of the last known good version of the data file and paste it in the directory.

Also remove treedata.dtn file from the directory.
This will remove module error and module corruption is caused by hard killing  of module when its in edit mode.

permanent link
Paul Strachan (512) | answered Sep 25 '12, 4:56 a.m.
In addition to Benjamin's post, DOORS 9 issues can be raised as PMRs with Rational Customer Support. Here is a link to the DOORS area of the Support Portal to aid with that:
http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Rational/Rational_DOORS

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 24 '12, 11:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Raj,

The DOORS forum on jazz.net is for the DOORS Next Gen product.  If you have questions on the DOORS product, I suggest directing your question to one of the DOORS forums on developerWorks.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.