It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

load "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Ravindra Bajpai (1322) | asked Sep 21 '12, 3:14 a.m.
The Ghost of "Out of memory" is driving me crazy now. I switched to command line of RTC from RTC Eclipse plugin in anticipation of getting rid of this issue. But Still with the lscm I am seeing this issue. I have bumped up the "max heap" as -
cat scm.ini
-vm
../../client/eclipse/jdk/jre/bin
--launcher.suppressErrors
-data
@noDefault
-vmargs
-Xmx12512m
-Xshareclasses:nonfatal
-Xquickstart
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5

What else I can do to overcome this issue. This is particular to my system only and none in my team is facing this issue. They are okay with the default ini. So I doubt if this is really the issue. Kindly help me to resolve this..

=======================================================================
./lscm load 1003 1021 -r jazzadmin -d /home/bigdev/workspace --force
Unexpected exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:266)
    at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:278)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap.<init>(LinkedHashMap.java:197)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2$InverseMetadataStore.readObject(SharingMetadata2.java:905)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap.readObject(DiskBackedHashMap.java:382)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap$Entry.getValue(DiskBackedHashMap.java:938)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.CachedDiskBackedHashMap$CachedEntry.getValue(CachedDiskBackedHashMap.java:292)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap.get(DiskBackedHashMap.java:160)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.getFileItemInfo(SharingMetadata2.java:2394)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore$7.visit(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2558)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.acceptAll(SharingMetadata2.java:1871)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.accept(SharingMetadata2.java:1845)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.deleteTreeInfoInternal(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2551)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.deleteTreeInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2461)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.computePendingChanges(LocalChangeTracker.java:948)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshSynchronously(LocalChangeManager.java:356)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.doRefresh(LocalChangeManager.java:394)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshChanges(LocalChangeManager.java:640)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.load(MergeLoadMutator.java:435)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.execute(MergeLoadMutator.java:291)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.load(LoadOperation.java:939)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation$1.run(LoadOperation.java:593)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager$1.run(ResourceSharingManager.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager.runWithinFileSystemLock(ResourceSharingManager.java:88)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:164)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:144)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:624)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:237)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:193)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:651)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:398)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:175)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.daemon.CommandLineClient.handleRequest(CommandLineClient.java:125)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.handle(ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.java:46)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Comments
Ravindra Bajpai commented Sep 21 '12, 3:18 a.m.

This particular componenet has some 17000 files and of 2.1 GB of size

2 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Sep 25 '12, 12:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ravindra,
scm.ini only comes into play when using scm executable. When using lscm, you need to edit the lscm script and include the -Xmx option.

permanent link
Ravindra Bajpai (1322) | answered Sep 24 '12, 1:54 a.m.
I played a bit more with the  CLI and somehow it corrupted some of the files in .jazz/* and I had to repair those. But this resolved this issue as well. :)

So the error "outofmemory" thrown by the RTC was misleading and was the side effect of some other issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.