It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

load "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Ravindra Bajpai (1322) | asked Sep 21 '12, 3:14 a.m.
The Ghost of "Out of memory" is driving me crazy now. I switched to command line of RTC from RTC Eclipse plugin in anticipation of getting rid of this issue. But Still with the lscm I am seeing this issue. I have bumped up the "max heap" as -
cat scm.ini
-vm
../../client/eclipse/jdk/jre/bin
--launcher.suppressErrors
-data
@noDefault
-vmargs
-Xmx12512m
-Xshareclasses:nonfatal
-Xquickstart
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5

What else I can do to overcome this issue. This is particular to my system only and none in my team is facing this issue. They are okay with the default ini. So I doubt if this is really the issue. Kindly help me to resolve this..

=======================================================================
./lscm load 1003 1021 -r jazzadmin -d /home/bigdev/workspace --force
Unexpected exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:266)
    at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:278)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap.<init>(LinkedHashMap.java:197)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2$InverseMetadataStore.readObject(SharingMetadata2.java:905)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap.readObject(DiskBackedHashMap.java:382)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap$Entry.getValue(DiskBackedHashMap.java:938)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.CachedDiskBackedHashMap$CachedEntry.getValue(CachedDiskBackedHashMap.java:292)
    at com.ibm.team.internal.repository.rcp.dbhm.DiskBackedHashMap.get(DiskBackedHashMap.java:160)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.getFileItemInfo(SharingMetadata2.java:2394)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore$7.visit(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2558)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.acceptAll(SharingMetadata2.java:1871)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.core.SharingMetadata2.accept(SharingMetadata2.java:1845)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.deleteTreeInfoInternal(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2551)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.deleteTreeInfo(CopyFileAreaStore.java:2461)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeTracker.computePendingChanges(LocalChangeTracker.java:948)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshSynchronously(LocalChangeManager.java:356)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.doRefresh(LocalChangeManager.java:394)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.localchanges.LocalChangeManager.refreshChanges(LocalChangeManager.java:640)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.load(MergeLoadMutator.java:435)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.execute(MergeLoadMutator.java:291)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.load(LoadOperation.java:939)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation$1.run(LoadOperation.java:593)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager$1.run(ResourceSharingManager.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1800)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.rcp.core.internal.resources.ResourceSharingManager.runWithinFileSystemLock(ResourceSharingManager.java:88)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:164)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.runWithinFileSystemLock(FileSystemOperation.java:144)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:624)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:89)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmd.run(LoadCmd.java:237)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.LoadCmdLauncher.run(LoadCmdLauncher.java:193)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:651)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:398)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:175)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.daemon.CommandLineClient.handleRequest(CommandLineClient.java:125)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.handle(ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.java:46)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
    at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Comments
Ravindra Bajpai commented Sep 21 '12, 3:18 a.m.

This particular componenet has some 17000 files and of 2.1 GB of size

2 answers

permanent link
Ravindra Bajpai (1322) | answered Sep 24 '12, 1:54 a.m.
I played a bit more with the  CLI and somehow it corrupted some of the files in .jazz/* and I had to repair those. But this resolved this issue as well. :)

So the error "outofmemory" thrown by the RTC was misleading and was the side effect of some other issue.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Sep 25 '12, 12:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ravindra,
scm.ini only comes into play when using scm executable. When using lscm, you need to edit the lscm script and include the -Xmx option.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.