It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you select a machine for a manual script execution in RQM?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Sep 21 '12, 2:58 a.m.
I looked in the documentation but couldn't find anything on this.  When a user executes a manual script using a TER do they have the ability to select a machine that's defined under Lab Resources, or is it assumed the user already knows where the script is going to be run and just specifies Local Computer? Is the machine selection  only for automated scripts that have adapters installed on those machines (i.e RFT or Command Line) so the script knows where to run.

Currently we have manual scripts and machines defined in Lab Management, but when we run the manual scripts using a TER there's only Local Computer available.

thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 21 '12, 2:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Machines are not automatically assigned to manual scripts at creation, as they can be to automated script using adapters on those machine so your presumption "user already knows" is correct.

Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Sep 21 '12, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mike
Are you looking for a situation where you want to run test manually on a machine and then while executing corresponding manual test in RQM, want to specify the machine where test was executed manually?

Comments
Michael Walker commented Sep 21 '12, 4:40 p.m.

Hi Pramod,

Yes I believe that's what they're looking for. Not necessarily to know where to run the script, but a way to track where it was run manually for historical purposes.

Pramod Chandoria commented Sep 21 '12, 4:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please submit an request for enhancement against RQM

Colin Thorne commented Jun 19 '13, 10:04 a.m.

Michael, did you submit an enhancement request for this? I would like to add a machine to my manual test run for my reporting but I am unable to do so in 4.0.

Thanks, Colin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.