It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation problem when uses federated, file-based registry

Jaegon Yoo (9611314) | asked Sep 20 '12, 1:33 p.m.

Dear,

I'm using federated, file-based registry in WAS to authenticate user for RTC.

I successfully authenticated admin user managed by WAS to configure JTS.

However when I set up 'User Registry' in JTS, there are options.

- Tomcat User Database

- LDAP

- Non-LDAP External Registry

Q1) Which option should I choose when I use federated, file-based registry in WAS?

Q2) When I choose Non-LDAP External Registory or Tomcat user Database for user registry, it says "You need to be authenticated as a user from LDAP to import your user and assign licenses. Ensure the application container settings are configured correctly for LDAP, restart the server, and log in with a user from the LDAP directory to continue"

What should I do?

Any idea?

Appreciate your help.

Comments
Chris Hardy commented Sep 21 '12, 1:11 a.m.

I'm having the same issue, I have created users and groups in WAS and mapped them for each application, however I keep getting the same message as above when I try to create the new user in setup step 6

Chris Hardy commented Sep 25 '12, 7:06 p.m.

Hi Bo and Jaegon Thanks that got me passed the problem

Really appreciate the info

2 answers

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Sep 25 '12, 6:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 25 '12, 6:58 p.m.
You should choose "Non-External LDAP Registry" and then enter in the information for the user you are logged in as. This will create your logged-in user in your database and allow setup to continue.

permanent link
Jaegon Yoo (9611314) | answered Sep 21 '12, 1:22 a.m.
Hello Chris
I solved this problem.
You need to input user currently logging in setup step 6 instead of user that you want to create.
Help this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.