It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you figure out what the section id & extensionDisplayName of existing section?

Ash Kachrani (13125) | asked Sep 18 '12, 7:14 p.m.
edited Sep 18 '12, 7:22 p.m.
I have created a new section for Test Case, how do I find what the section ID and extensionDisplayName is for newly created sections?

As an example following is a pre-defined section of Test Case in RQM. 

the RQM section provided by test case: 
Notes
id: com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseNotes
extensionDisplayName: RQM-KEY-TC-NOTES-TITLE

How does on find out for user created sections? Thank you.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Sep 19 '12, 4:24 a.m.
 The only way I've found to do this is to populate a single test case using the Web-UI, then to download the test case through the reportable rest API (you can use the RQM URL Utility to do this).

For example, if your project name is "My Project" and you've created test case with ID 1 that has the section populated, you can run the following command:
java -jar RQMUrlUtility.jar -command GET -user ADMIN -password ADMIN -filepath .\file.xml -url https://server:port/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/My%20Project/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:1

You'll then find an element that looks something like: 
<com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1321892947559 extensionDisplayName="My Custom Section">
The element name (e.g. "com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicSection_1321892947559") is the section id, and the display name is obviously self explanatory.
Ash Kachrani selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ash Kachrani commented Oct 05 '12, 5:53 p.m.

Thanks. For some reason it is not liking the URL. Should this URL be accessible from the browser?  Following gives me list of services 

One other answer

permanent link
Ash Kachrani (13125) | answered Sep 18 '12, 7:21 p.m.
edited Sep 18 '12, 7:21 p.m.
Using following in configuration file for importing.

//Sample Usage looks like
//testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseAcceptanceCriteria", "RQM-KEY-TC-ACCEPT-CRITERIA-TITLE")=C

//Section Foobar added through UI - Why does it create a new section when it exists 
//testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.foobar", "RQM-KEY-TC-FOOBAR-TITLE")=Q

again how does one determine section ID and extensionDisplayName..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.