It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find all builds running across a repository as JazzAdmin?

Andrew Freed (21311214) | asked Sep 18 '12, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We administer nine RTC servers, each with ~200 projects.  At a regular interval (Tuesdays @ 10am) I see performance grind to a halt.  I suspect a runaway build ... perhaps some team is running a weekly "clean" build that deletes then redownloads say 10GB from SCM.  How can I possibly find running builds across my 1400 total projects?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 18 '12, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Actually, there is a way to see all builds in the queue, across all connected project areas.  It's unfortunately a bit of an easter egg though:
- close Builds view (in all perspectives)
- show Builds view (Ctrl+3 is your friend)
- click "Build queue for all builds (repo)" link

Note that this only covers -connected- project areas though.

Andrew Freed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Freed commented Sep 19 '12, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So, the way to do this is to have a separate/dedicated client for JazzAdmin where you do this. I am not sure it is wise to connect to 1000 projects for a long time so I suggest closing this client except when absolutely needed.

Nick Edgar commented Sep 19 '12, 11:47 a.m. | edited Sep 19 '12, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree that this is not ideal, and does not scale well. Please feel free to open an enhancement request to be able to view the queue across all projects.

2 other answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Sep 18 '12, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Under the search icon of the Builds view there should be an option to view the Build Queue for all connected project areas, which sounds like what you need.

~Spencer

Comments
Andrew Freed commented Sep 18 '12, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

On the Eclipse client I see "My Builds", and "Build Queue" (per connected project). I don't see an arbitrary search across all repository projects. As JazzAdmin I won't be a member of all 1400 projects.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Sep 18 '12, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does each project have its own build engines, or are these shared across projects?
Double-clicking a build engine, in the Team Artifacts view, shows all pending and in-progress builds for that engine. Similarly in the web UI.

Comments
Andrew Freed commented Sep 18 '12, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The build engines are not shared. Most projects do not use Jazz Build but those that do have their own engines. It sounds like you and Spencer are leading me to watching each individual build engine. There may be 100s though. I guess if RTC does not have a repository-wide view of builds I ought to submit this as a feature request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.