It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do Suspect Links and Suspicion profiles work?

Jason Kozar (1388) | asked Sep 18 '12, 10:27 a.m.
retagged Jan 04 '19, 6:37 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
For the Suspect Links and Suspicion Profile, does this functionality only work for artifacts that are changed, what if an artifact that is linked is deleted?
Thanks,
Jason

4 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 02 '19, 5:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Hugh Lippincott (199) | answered Jan 02 '19, 4:17 p.m.

Thanks for the pointer wolfgang steindl ; unfortunately it only puts me into the search engine and shows: 2,004,673  results 

I support Robin Bater 's suggestion that this be raised as an enhancement/bug request!
If links are being watched then deleting one (because one of the two artifacts is deleted) should also be raised.
If I remember correctly, when an artifact is deleted, then its links must be reviewed and deleted, it would then follow that if such a link is being watched then it cannot be deleted without its watched status being OK'ed as deletable.
Perhaps a single sided link could be retained as suspect until either the watch is removed or the suspicion is removed.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Sep 18 '12, 3:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jason,

Today, Suspicion is dependent upon there being a link between 2 artifacts, so that when you delete the link the suspicion is no longer flagged.

I would suggest raising an enhancement request.

Now suspicion works by detecting changes to artifacts that are linked, and the link is indicated as being watched in the profile.

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Sep 18 '12, 1:41 p.m.
Within documentation this topic is explained here : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_suspect_profiles.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.