It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enumeration types not showing up the drop down on Web UI

Murthy Rallapalli (6111) | asked Sep 29 '08, 8:51 p.m.
I tried all the steps per instructions, I just can't make the drop down list show up on the Web UI.

If there is a link where the details steps are provided, let me know.

First I created the Enumeration attribute, I made sure the binding is right, then I added it to a custom section, then I added the same attribute in the Types & Attributes, ensured Workflow bindings, still no luck!!!. I think I am missing a step, but I can't seem to find it.

One answer

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Sep 30 '08, 3:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

The 'Work Item Customization' document describes these steps and includes an example:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/index.html
The main steps are:
- create an enumeration
- add a custom attribute using the enumeration as 'attribute type'
- add a presentation referencing your custom attribute and using kind 'Enumeration'

It seems that you did the same steps, but please double check.
Does the attribute show up in the editor but the drop down is empty or does the attribute not show up at all? If it shows up (without drop-down), make sure that you did not reuse an attribute id for the custom attribute. These ids have to be unique also amongst removed attributes (at the moment there is sincerely no warning shown when reusing an id).

If it does not work, please provide some more details or open a defect on jazz.net and include your process specification source as attachment.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.