It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using domain names for assigning approvers.

Balachandra Kamat (111) | asked Sep 14 '12, 9:28 a.m.
Hi,

I am looking for a feature which addresses the use case which goes like this:

Current case:
             When a user creates a work item we have a code review approval process which is assigned to 1 OR more developer/s. So basically, the user decides who he/she chooses to make the approver for the work item.

What is intended:
            RTC will allow us to create a predefined list of domains - each meant for a particular functionality and linked to 2-3 developers, who are an expert on the particular functionality.

Use Case:
           So, the next time a user creates a work item and associates a change set for a particular functionality, instead of choosing a random code approver, he/she will directly use the domain name for the function and RTC will internally make all the linked developer's the approvers for the attached code change set.

Is such a functionality available in RTC 2.0.0.2? If not, in what version can we have this working?

Your responses are highly appreciated!!

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 15 '12, 8:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This functionality is not currently supported by RTC.  You can code up a follow-up action on the "save workitem" operation to implement it yourself, or could submit a work item on jazz.net, requesting the functionality be available out-of-the-box.

Comments
Balachandra Kamat commented Sep 17 '12, 12:42 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey, Thanks for your response.

Hmm, since this feature don't exist, and you mention the fact that I can code this myself to get this implemented, can you plz provide some pointers on how this can be done and some starting tips or an example of an already implemeted out-of -box solution.

I would love to code this myself and get this working.

Appreciate your help!!

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 19 '12, 7:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I haven't personally done any follow-up action coding, but https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 provides some guidance. If you get stuck, I'd suggest posting to this forum a specific question about what is blocking you. Note that there are a lot of questions about follow-up coding that have already been posted to the forum, so you might be able to find the answer by just searching the existing questions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.