It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I run a traceability report between test cases and requirements when I have the full version of RQM but only RRC light version?

Jason Kozar (1388) | asked Sep 12 '12, 2:31 p.m.

We currently have RQM installed with full floating licences.  We do not have the full licences for RRC yet but in order to trace requirements to test cases we were advised that we were given a light version of RRC.  When I am running the reports, nothing shows up under the traceability.  I have linked the requirements to the test cases using the "Validated By" function and I am still not able to produce these reports.  Any idea on why this is? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Sep 12 '12, 4:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jason,

It's good that you can see the links to the requirements in the Test Case.

If you go to the JTS/Admin page and click on Reports at the top and then the "Data Collection Job Status" link on the left hand side, does it indicate successful executions?

If you go to the same page under QM/Admin, does it also show successful executions?

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Sep 12 '12, 2:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jason,

Two questions:

1.  In RQM, do the Requirements appear in the Requirement Links section of the Test Case?
2.  The Requirement Traceability report is data warehouse based and so needs the Data Collection jobs to have been run successfully.  Do you know if they have?

Thanks,
Mark

Comments
Jason Kozar commented Sep 12 '12, 4:32 p.m.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help. My responses below.

wo questions:

1. In RQM, do the Requirements appear in the Requirement Links section of the Test Case? - Yes I can see the link when I click on that section in the left navigation.
  2. The Requirement Traceability report is data warehouse based and so needs the Data Collection jobs to have been run successfully. Do you know if they have? Not sure if they have done this or not. Does this have anything to do with not having RRDI installed? We currently are running 3.0.1 of RQM.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.