It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Session Time out in RTC gone down from 2hours to 40 min.

Raj Kapoor (2741930) | asked Sep 12 '12, 9:51 a.m.
  The time-out for the system seems to be less than the expected 2 hours,  sometimes it's 20 mins / 40 mins... etc.

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Sep 13 '12, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The session timeouts are usually controlled by the app server. In Tomcat this is in the web.xml. In Websphere Application Server there are several ways that this can be set and you'll want to contact your WAS admin for the details in your environment.

Comments
Raj Kapoor commented Sep 14 '12, 4:51 a.m.

Have any idea which file in Websphere? Please let me know if you know?

Robert Rassmann commented Sep 14 '12, 12:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think there is UI in Websphere to configure this but my knowledge there is limited. Does anyone else know how this is configured in Websphere or can point to some documentation on this?

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 12 '12, 12:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you checked Manage Application->Advanced Properties?   Under the Jazz Foundation Services heading you'll find a Timeout value.   There are numerous other timeout related values on that page as well.  Perhaps this will help you narrow it down.

Comments
Raj Kapoor commented Sep 13 '12, 1:58 p.m. | edited Sep 13 '12, 2:03 p.m.

Yes I did check, settings on 1 environment and the PROD environment in Advanced properties.Same in both but session timeout in one is happening in 2 hours and on other is 30-50 min, suddenly login pop up appear.What to check now?Anything on server side should I check?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.