It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

V4.0 one project cannot add links to any workitem, new project I can.. what did I do?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Sep 11 '12, 8:21 p.m.
I have a setup on my personal machine with a JTS, 2 repositories.. and it works fine..

except for this one thing.. in my first project on the first server (created with the GA code just after ship)
I can create workitems, and some workitems show links I did create..but I cannot create links now..

none of the existing links show in the links window, but they do in the overview by type..
clicking the overview link number takes you to the detail page for the workitem. click the label (Blocks)
takes u to the links tab..

so. what did I do?  I created a readonly role, but thats not me.  I can create workitems, and comments,
but can't add links..
weird..

Sam

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 12 '12, 12:07 p.m.
I copied the stakeholder role to make a new one.

the user having trouble is a project manager role.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 12 '12, 11:05 a.m.
thanks.. I looked but that section is marked unedited.

Comments
Jorge Diaz commented Sep 12 '12, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If adding a "read-only" role is the only change you performed, what did you exactly do for that read-only role?

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Sep 12 '12, 7:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sam,

have customized the work item editor presentation, the links presentation? If you have done that and have chosen the links to show, you won't see any other but the chosen, but the old created ones will appear in the Quick Information in the Overview as you described.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jorge.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.