It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Report: Does not display test plans

Pragati Shrestha (27269) | asked Sep 11 '12, 10:08 a.m.

When I try running a report (lets say a 'Defect List Report') from RQM, The "Test Plan", which is a mandatory selection doesnot get loaded with details.

I have created a number of test plans, linked them to requirements and development items in RRC and RTC respectively. I have also created a few defects. But, still the test plans do not get loaded into the "Test Plan" window.

Similar is the case with all the Defect reports, Requirements reports, and Scorecard report.

However, the test plans loads appropriately in most of the Execution reports except for 'Execution and Defects by Owner' and in most of the Test Case reports except for 'Test cases impact by defects'.

Is this an issue with any configuration in RQM and RTC? Or I am not following appropriate procedure to run reports. This is seriously creating many problems to my team. Need HELP ASAP.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Sep 12 '12, 10:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
The place to start is the logs.
In the <install directory>\server\logs directory you should see jts-etl.log, ccm-etl.log, and qm-etl.log.
Start with the jts-etl.log and look for errors.
A typical error is an authentication error where the User ID and Password specified in the Data Collection Jobs page is in correct.  You'll notice on that page that there is no User ID and Password necessary for the Star Job which succeeded but there is for the Common and Requirements.
Pragati Shrestha selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Mark Victory (26635) | answered Sep 11 '12, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

The reports where you do not see Test Plans listed are data warehouse based reports.
That is, those reports load their data from the data warehouse, as opposed to from the live RQM data.
Therefore the data collection jobs must be run successfully for the data to appear in the reports.

Check your JTS/Admin Reports and QM/Admin Reports page to ensure that the data collection jobs are running successfully.

Comments
Pragati Shrestha commented Sep 12 '12, 10:00 a.m. | edited Sep 12 '12, 10:01 a.m.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. So, I checked the data colllection jobs status and found the following pattern of results occuring everyday:

Succeeded, Star, Sept 12 2012 1:02 A.M., Sept 12 2012 1:02 A.M., 3 seconds; Failed, Requirements, Sep 12, 2012 1:01 AM, Sep 12, 2012 1:01 AM, 23 seconds; Failed, Commons, Sep 12, 2012 12:05 AM, Sep 12, 2012 12:05 AM, 19 seconds.

Could you please provide additional insight to figure out the possibilities of the failure and ways to rectify them?

Thanks.

permanent link
Radha Sastrigal (111122) | answered Oct 18 '13, 11:51 a.m.

I am facing the similar problem, so checked the data collection job to see if there were any errors and found that all Jobs have "succeeded".

RQM

Status

Data Collection Job

Start Time:

End Time

Time Taken

Succeeded

Work Items

Oct 18, 2013 12:09 AM

Oct 18, 2013 12:10 AM

8 seconds

Succeeded

Repository

Oct 18, 2013 12:00 AM

6 seconds

Succeeded

Common

1 second

Still the Test plan field is not loaded.

Any other solution?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.