It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ReqPro + ClearQuest Test Manager Migration + ClearQuest to RRC and RQM

Konrad O. (1122) | asked Sep 10 '12, 10:19 a.m.
edited Sep 10 '12, 10:21 a.m.
Hello Jazz Team,
I have an installation of RequisitePro with requirements linked to ClearQuest Test Manager Testcases and ClearQuest Defects.
I try to migrate them to the jazz-platform including all old links.
My idea would be to take the following steps:
1. Integration of ReqPro and Quality Manager
2. Migration of CQTM testcases, testplans, ... to QualityManager
3. Migration of ClearQuest Defects to Team Concert in Change and Configuration Management (/ccm)
4. Creating a ReqPro-Baseline of whole ReqPro-Project
5. Importing the baseline into Requirements Composer
6. Take a association between ReqPro-Import and QualityManager-Integration
7. Perform the final step for creating links between applications

That´s my plan at the moment using several links on jazz.net and ibm help.
Does anybody know if it would work this way?
And how I should transfer the defects?

Comments
Konrad O. commented Sep 10 '12, 11:31 a.m.

In addition I started to migrate CQTM Testcases using following help file: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_cqtm_migration_overview.html At paragraph "Migrating Rational ClearQuest Test Manager projects and Rational RequisitePro requirements". http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_install_cqtm_export_plugins.html http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_run_cqtm_migration_wiz.html

The problem is not the access to the requirements, but Testcases aren´t linked to Requirement Collection Links automatically. The links to Test Case Execution Records and Test Cases works fine.

3 answers

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Sep 17 '12, 3:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Konrad,

The easiest way to migrate ClearQuest records into Rational Team Concert (your Step 3) is to use the ClearQuest Import Wizard.  For more information, see this section of the Infocenter and this very helpful wiki page.  On the wiki page, see the section "Work Item Relationship Mappings".  I'm not familiar with the CQ/ReqPro integration, but I'm assuming your CQ records contain a link to ReqPro that would be mapped to "com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.core.related" when using the ClearQuest Import Wizard.

Comments
Konrad O. commented Sep 18 '12, 2:52 a.m.

Thank you for your answer, but there is a problem with that solution. When I try to click on File>Import>Team>ClearQuest Records the following error appears: "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. cqjniproxy (Not found in java.library.path)" Maybe there is a problem with the versions of ClearQuest and RTC. I uses ClearQuest 7.1.2.05 and RTC 4.0. I can´t migrate to ClearQuest 8 because there is no ClearQuest Test Manager anymore.

Matthew Alexander commented Sep 18 '12, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Konrad,

RTC 4.0 and ClearQuest 7.1.2.05 should work. Could you please check a few things for me?

1. Verify RTC and ClearQuest are installed on the same machine.

2. If using Linux, you need to source ClearQuest before starting RTC. From the command prompt, type . /opt/rational/clearquest/cq_setup.sh (note the space between the . and the /). Then start the RTC eclipse client from that same command prompt.

3. The ClearQuest Import Wizard will only work in the 32-bit RTC client. This is due to a limitation of ClearQuest. Did you install the 64-bit RTC client? If so, you may install the 32-bit client by selecting the 32-bit option during install (even if your machine is 64-bit).

If you are still having problems, please let me know and I will help to get you past them.

permanent link
Konrad O. (1122) | answered Sep 12 '12, 3:34 a.m.
Thank you for your help, I have done the steps described in this link here, too:
IBM-Infocenter 4
Now I have migrated CQTM and ReqPro and so just the defects are remaining.
But should I migrate Defects before ReqPro or does it also work at this time?

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Sep 12 '12, 1:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Konrad,

If your Rational ClearQuest Test Manager projects are integrated with requirements from Rational RequisitePro®, you must take the following steps to prepare for a successful migration:

1. Back up your Rational ClearQuest Test Manager and IBM® Rational RequisitePro databases.
  2. Set up integration between Rational RequisitePro and Rational Quality Manager. See Integrating with Rational RequisitePro for details.
  3. Ensure that the RAProject records in your Rational ClearQuest database are updated to include the correct Rational RequisitePro web server address.

The RAProject records contain the Rational RequisitePro database information for Rational ClearQuest. One of the fields in these record is the ReqWeb server URL. This is the same URL used in Rational Quality Manager to connect to RequisiteWeb. You must use this exact URL in Rational Quality Manager so that the requirement information in Rational ClearQuest Test Manager migrates correctly.

4. Verify that you have Rational RequisitePro version 7.1.1.5 or 7.1.2.2 or later installed and the Rational RequisitePro client for the web.
  5. Verify that you have permission to import and save Rational RequisitePro requirements (Project Configuration > Quality Management > Save Requirement ). All three permissions should be checked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.