It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Precedes Relationship and Gantt Chart Problem

Dave Evans (14812846) | asked Sep 07 '12, 5:14 p.m.

I am creating a work item set with various Milestones, Events, CRs, Tasks and Meetings which are all children, grandchildren (and so forth) to the Build Release Milestone. There are many sibling, and even some cousin work items which have the predecessor/succesor relationship. When creating a plan, my Gantt chart shows some of the scheduling dependencies (from the predecessor/succesor relationships) correctly in that a work item scheduled time does not start until after its predecessor is complete. However, many of my work items which do have predecessors are starting right at the beginning of the iteration rather than being scheduled to start after the end of their predecessor's estimated completion time! Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Nov 07 '13, 8:42 a.m.

I've seen a number of forum conversations about the formal scheduler vs the agile scheduler used in different project templates that touch on what you're observing. I don't know how much you've read, but a good place to start is here:
https://jazz.net/library/article/663

2 answers

permanent link
Rodrigo Gonçalves (1121) | answered Sep 26 '13, 11:38 p.m.
 Hi I'm having the same exact problem here!
I'm really upset about that, I spent already more than 5h trying to solve this problem since I have to present this plan and it's usage to my managers next week. It definitely seems a bug in RTC!

Not good!
Thks!

permanent link
Jean-Michel Athane (671212) | answered Nov 07 '13, 6:24 a.m.
Same problem ! (with the latest version) It's very frustrating..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.