It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAPNightlySyncService: error though it seems to sync the users

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Sep 07 '12, 2:52 a.m.
Hi together,

we're facing trouble with our LDAP synchronizer. The LDAPNightlySyncService runs into an error evertime it runs. Although it seems that every user is synchronized correctly.

The error message is this:

2012-09-07 00:01:26,262 [ jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-2] ERROR .internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncService  - CRJAZ1326E The members of the Jazz groups could not be retrieved.
javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); Remaining name: 'dc=rsint,dc=net'

I can put the whole message here if needed.

Our "Base Group DN" is "dc=rsint,dc=net" - the top of the tree of our AD. Wee need to search the whole AD tree because our user are in different containers that we cannot use a deeper base dn.

Any idea how to fix it? Or maybe is it a bug and needs to be fixed by IBM?

The problem on this is - our synchronzier is running every 10 minutes - so our log files are flooded with this pointless message and important issues cannot be tracked easily. We now faced this in splitting the logfiles that all ldap messages running into a different logfile but the problem is the same - logfile gets flooded with this message and we are not able to see important ldap messages.

Greetings,
Simon

Greetings,
Simon

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Sep 07 '12, 2:54 a.m.

we're using RTC 4.0 on a Windows Server 2008

2 answers

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 20 '12, 4:45 a.m.
I have found some thing I could change.
In advanced properties of https://<servername>:port/jts/admin there is the way to configure the ldap connection. For this search for "LDAPUserRegistryProvider"

There are two steps for searching:
1) Base User DN
2) Base Group DN

The Base User DN cannot be changed to a special OU because we face the users in different ous - parallel on the top node. But I'm not sure why this is even needed, because using the ldap debug mode of the log4j we've seen, that the synchronizer uses the DN of each user to allocate them.

So I changed the Base Group DN to the DN of the node where the Jazz groups are located. Since all are in the same node I could use this directly. Now it seems that the error is gone.

So - partly correct to choose a node more down in the AD but only for the Base Group DN

LDAPUserRegistryProvider

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Sep 19 '12, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Simon, This looks like a referral issue. Is referrals used in AD to reference some other domain node ? We don't handle referrals well in our LDAP sync code.

Note that you can avoid referral issues if customers can connect directly to the global catalog port (3268 )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.