It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Kanban display across web AND eclipse

Barry Gordon (2334) | asked Sep 06 '12, 7:52 p.m.
retagged Sep 21 '12, 6:33 p.m. by Richard Knaster (23817)
My department is using RTC for mostly scrum-organized teams. I'm pushing to use Kanban for a few of the teams. Most folks use Eclipse, some use the web interface. I've experimented with the new Kanban board view in RTC 4.0 and I'm trying to enable a configuration that will work for users of both interfaces.
  • If I use STATUS to define the Kanban buckets, the web-based Kanban view will group them perfectly. However, from Eclipse I can't group by STATUS so all the stories are jumbled up.
  • If I use PLAN to define the Kanban buckets, I can create a Release Backlog plan and view as Iterations to see a nice Kanban board in Eclipse. But the web's Kanban view just looks right through the iterations and groups only by status.
Is it possible to reconfigure the web's Kanban view to do the groupings based on Iteration instead of Status?

One answer

permanent link
Richard Knaster (23817) | answered Oct 11 '12, 11:43 p.m.
Barry, can you provide a picture of what you are seeing in the Eclipse and Web clients to help us understand your issue better

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.