It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight tables: Why would only some Projects migrating records to RIODS, RICALM etc...

Alexander Dawson (2542328) | asked Sep 06 '12, 1:52 p.m.
When our nightly Data Collection jobs run, we are noticing that only some projects are being included.   Some Projects have their Work Items migrated over while others do not.  When looking at tables such as RIODS.requests there are no corresponding records to existing work items.

It's not immediately apparent where this gets configured.  Would anyone be able to explain what would cause a project's work items to be included or not included into the RIxxx tables?

Thanks in advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Sep 13 '12, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You probably should open a PMR - I am a user of Insight not a developer of Insight - so I am just giving you my own experience with it - sounds like you may have something else going on with your configuration.
Alexander Dawson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alexander Dawson commented Sep 27 '12, 11:51 a.m.

Through the PMR we determined that our reporting user did not have sufficient access to read all of the projects.  Those projects it was reading was due to the fact that the projects were configured to have open access to any user.

4 other answers

permanent link
Alexander Dawson (2542328) | answered Sep 27 '12, 11:50 a.m.
Through the PMR we determined that our reporting user did not have sufficient access to read all of the projects.  Those projects it was reading was due to the fact that the projects were configured to have open access to any user.

permanent link
George Jutras (51108) | answered Sep 13 '12, 8:44 a.m.
David, we tried what you told us and we still could not figure out our issue. Would you have time to have a phone meeting with us or should we just open a PMR? Thanks.

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Sep 11 '12, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 As an administrator  if you go under the Reports heading for a particular application there is a Downloads section on the left that you select and configuration files for Rational Reporting Data sources - this will download a zip file for that particular application that contains the xdc files that must be added to the Insight server under <Insight Base>/etl/configs/Configurations.  The xdc files have all the current projects in them and will get the data for each project.  If you add new projects you need to update the xdc files or re download them from the server.  You need to do this for each application you are using (rqm, rtc, rrc)

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Sep 06 '12, 2:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Have you created projects since you downloaded the ETLs form the server(s)?   Each project has an entry in the XDC file as a resource under the resource group.  If you have added projects since you downloaded the ETLs to the Insight server those projects will not be picked up.  Try downloading the ETLs again and see if your projects are picked up.

Comments
George Jutras commented Sep 11 '12, 3:37 p.m.

David, I work with Alexander Dawson and have been assigned to get this resolved. I've contacted our Infrastructure team but they have no idea what ETL's are and how to download them. Could you direct us to documentation that could help us? Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.