It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Collection jobs are failing on RTC,JTS and QM

Raj Kapoor (2741930) | asked Sep 05 '12, 12:46 p.m.
edited Sep 05 '12, 1:02 p.m.
1.In JTS- Star is succeeding but Common is failing
2.In RTC and RQM all files are failing.I thought that the password got expire but I can access RTC,RQM and JTS through that user ID and password.
I asked LDAP team, they replied-
The logs are full of the account not able to authenticate because it has been locked out due to too many bad passwords.  Therefore I can assume the invalid password error you are getting is because you are using the wrong password.
Also, the account "UserID" does not have any access to the ldap server (FDS) other than to authenticate itself, which you can only do if you supply the correct password.

I am not getting how to proceed further and mske the job run successful.Please help me!!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Sep 05 '12, 10:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Raj,

Have you checked to make sure that the user ID you are using for the ETL user has the "Data Collector" license and that you can log in to the application with that ID?  If the ID is being locked due to invalid credentials, it sounds like the ID/password need to be updated in the data collection jobs page for each application (ie - <application>/admin -> Reports -> Data Collection Jobs).  These jobs run at midnight every night by default, so if one of the applications is is configured with an invalid password I can see the ID being locked.  I would start by first confirming that the ID is not locked, the ID is able to authenticate to your LDAP server, and that all passwords are updated with the right values.  Hope it helps,
Raj Kapoor selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Raj Kapoor (2741930) | answered Sep 06 '12, 4:09 a.m.
 Thanks a lot Benjamin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.