It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Project Area Name - Is it possible

Gonzalo Garcia Favre (613813) | asked Sep 04 '12, 9:39 a.m.
Hi, we have one Project Area with almost 2 years work inside. After some organizational decisions it was decided to rename the Project and we replicated the new name in the Project Area (RTC).
The thing is that when I look at the dashboards I've lost all information there. I mean, I go to config in each widget and I cannot see anything in each configuration since no data is retrieved by RTC.

Is this an RTC known issue? is it possible to rename project areas?

Regards

Gonzalo

One answer

permanent link
Gonzalo Garcia Favre (613813) | answered Sep 04 '12, 3:14 p.m.
Well, it seems like it is. You can change the Project Area name as many times as you want. but be careful when you do it, since if you left a blank space at the end (after the name of the PA) you will not be able to load data for widgets.

I've tried this a couple of times to see if that was the issue, and each time I add a blank space at the end, I ended up with the error I'm mentioning.

Regards

Gonzalo

Comments
Jared Burns commented Sep 04 '12, 4:29 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you please file a defect about this problem? Here's the URL: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

I think you would file this against "Dashboard Viewlets".

Gonzalo Garcia Favre commented Sep 04 '12, 4:52 p.m.

Done, Defect submitted.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.