It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing ThemingHandler OAuth consumer - how to get it back?

Ben Fortuna (5035) | asked Sep 03 '12, 2:34 a.m.
edited Sep 18 '12, 5:06 p.m. by David Boyer (812)
 I have an RTC instance (2.0.0.2 iFix 6 - build: I20110128-1600) where I don't have theme support in the server configuration section of the web UI. I have noticed that another instance (running the same version) does have this option, and it has a pre-configured OAuth consumer: net.jazz.ajax.service.internal.http.ThemingHandler.

My suspicion is that the absence of this is why I don't see theme support in RTC, however I am unable to find instructions on how to add this consumer (ultimately at the very least I need the consumer secret).

Are there any instructions as to how to add/reset this OAuth consumer? Many thanks.

ps. The host OS is Windows Server 2003, with a SQL Server DB.

Comments
Ben Fortuna commented Sep 04 '12, 3:43 a.m.

I can confirm now that the theming storage area doesn't exist, as repotools -listStorageAreaKeys returns nothing.. perhaps there was an issue with installation.

One answer

permanent link
David Boyer (812) | answered Sep 18 '12, 5:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Ben,

I don't have a good suggestion for you.  That's a rather old version of RTC, and I don't have that version up and running.  I don't recall when Theming was added, but I know it was there in 3.0.  I can't imagine why it's not in the admin UI if that version contained theming.  Off the top of my head you could : 
  1. Check the /jts/admin or /jazz/admin namespace.  I don't recall if the JTS was in a separate war in that version of RTC.
  2. Duplicate the setup from scratch with an empty database on a second machine if possible and check whether or not the theming OAuth consumer and the storage area get created.  
  3. Upgrade to a newer version of RTC.  In the version last year, the ThemingHandler had some changes made to it and one of those was creating a new namespace net.jazz.ajax.theme, and we used that same string for the new OAuth key
  4. Restart the server with clean log files and look for any errors related to ThemingHandler's startup.  Unfortunately one of the major changes for the 3.0 release was to improve logging so that we knew when something was going wrong with the ThemingHandler.  
  5. Finally, If it's a critical issue I'd recommend going through our support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.