It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM backend screen still active in presence of active pop-up window

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Sep 02 '12, 11:41 p.m.
Hi

On the RQM homepage, when a pop up screen appears up, the Action Bar from the previous screen  should be disabled so that the screen page in the back does not move (whenever you scroll) while  you are working with the pop up screen.

Is this working as designed  ????      

Generally for example, in a plain webpage, if a pop-up appears, the background screen tends to be disabled and you are only allowed to work on the active pop-up screen.

Thanks and Regards
Rajesh                        

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 10 '12, 1:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is working as designed.  I've traced it back pretty far in the history of the product.  I have query in to the individual developers as to the reasons behind it.  Will update when I hear back.
Rajesh Avanthi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jerry Shengulette commented Sep 10 '12, 2:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Heard back. They're simulated dialog boxes (part of the page) rather than "real" dialog boxes.

Rajesh Avanthi commented Sep 10 '12, 11:41 p.m.

Thanks very much Jerry

One other answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 05 '12, 11:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you provide a specific set of steps to reproduce this behavior?

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Sep 06 '12, 12:49 a.m.

Hi Jerry

Firstly, thanks for replying on this issue. There is no such specific steps on this. You can simply log into RQM and bring up a popup window within it. Once the pop up window appears, try scrolling the window bar. You notice that even though the pop window should act as an active window, thereby making the background window disabled, the background window gets scrolled...

For Example:

1. Browse any Testcase via Construction menu
  2. Open the selected testcase
  3. Click on "Run" button. This will bring up the Run menu popup window.
  4. Perform a scroll operation.

So ideally on plain windows (ie, outside RPT) you can open any browser and perform the same. You notice that the background window gets disabled as soon as the pop up appears on screen.

So I'm wondering if this is working as designed in RQM window frame or a bug ??

Thanks and Regards Rajesh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.