It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving RTC data on DB2 to another DB2 server

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Sep 02 '12, 10:23 p.m.

What is the spported way to move DB2 database to another DB2 database for RTC server?

I found steps to move Derby to DB2 but not moving DB2  to DB2.

I think we could use db2move command to move database but not sure what is an official way to move it.

Please let us know steps to do it.

One answer

permanent link
Craig Chaney (9212) | answered Sep 04 '12, 8:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The process to move your data from Derby to DB2 (using the repotools export and import commands) is intended for transferring data between different database vendors.  The same process will also work for your case.  However, since you're staying on DB2, I'd recommend that you use the DB2 tools (such as db2move), as they will be much quicker.

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Sep 05 '12, 1:14 a.m.

Thank you for the answer. So after the move, we just need to change the entry in teamserver.properties for both JTS & CCM (plus DW), right?

Craig Chaney commented Sep 05 '12, 2:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, that's right.

shruthi reddy commented Oct 23 '12, 2:43 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '12, 2:44 a.m.

Hello,

Is it also possible to move the data from one oracle to another oracle database?
Is there any plugin available in RTC  to do this?
Kindly let me the know the steps to do it

Thanks!

Regards,
Shruthi

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 23 '12, 2:53 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '12, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, please check the documentation of your DBMS provider on how to move data from one DB server to another. There are restrictions on what is possible, for example if changing the platform. For DB2 there is a table in the documentation that states what is supported. If your scenario is not supported, you would have to use repotools as if you change the DB vendor.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.