It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do you face regulatory compliance challenges?

Andrew Foster (1122) | asked Aug 31 '12, 4:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi - We are striving to make our solutions for systems engineering and embedded software development even more relevant to today's market needs, but we need your help!  We know that regulatory compliance is becoming an increasing challenges across many industries, Can you help us understand the specifics? What are the most important compliance needs for you and what do you think Rational could do to help provide more support within our tooling?
Looking forward to all your great ideas!

Andrew Foster
IBM Rational

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Sep 01 '12, 3:35 p.m.

I see some basic things, missing in today CLM solution, specialy within RTC. Both things are mandatory before we can talk about fancy stuff.

1. ALL changes should be recorded and available within history of the artifacts/workitems. Example: within RTC, alle changes regarding links are not recorded. This is dramatically if you have an audit. If I read the corresponding workitems within Jazz.net, I have the feeling Rational is not aware of the importance of the history function. See: WI 60178
  2. It must be possible to take snapshots or baselines at milestones not only for the sourcecode, but also for the planning, the specifications etc.. The current solution within RTC with plan snapshots is not realy feasable and also not waterproof. It must be possible to compare this baselines/snapshots for differences and view them in appropriate viewer or reports. This could also be a functionality of the datawarehouse instead of the realtime system, but then some major enhancements for the DWA must be available:
    • custom attributes must be stored in the DWA
    • It must be possible to write named snapshots into dwa and not only the daily etl_jobs.
    • A DWH browser must be available to browse through milestones, do reports, compare milestones or dates etc..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.