It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to change the owner of a change-set?

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Aug 30 '12, 5:57 a.m.
retagged Jan 30 '14, 10:56 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 Hi,
I'd like to know if there is a way to change the owner of a change-set, even with a JazzAdmin user.
This because I've find out that nobody can associate a work-item to a change-set if is not the owner.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Michele.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 01 '12, 4:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As you indicated in your question, what you really want is to remove the restriction that you can only associate a change set to a work item if you are the owner of the change set.   Changing the owner of the change set is just a way to workaround that restriction.  Removing this restriction is requested in work item 57870 https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/57870, and work on it is being tracked in story 219256.  That work is currently tagged as scmrun401candidate, but it is not currently marked as in plan, so it probably wouldn't hurt for you to add a comment to one of those work items, indicating your interest/support.
Michele Pegoraro selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michele Pegoraro commented Sep 03 '12, 5:00 a.m.

Geoffrey, it is exactly what I want. I'll add a comment on it.

Thanks, Michele.

One other answer

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Aug 30 '12, 6:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No there is not a way to change the owner in the normal developer workflow. 
For import workflows (svn import, etc.) administrators can impersonate users to have the change sets they import be associated with different userids rather than their own.  

JohnC
SCM Lead

Comments
Steffen Kriese commented Jan 29 '14, 6:16 a.m. | edited Feb 19 '14, 2:03 p.m.

Hello,

we have to write a custom import tool. Is there a code sample which shows how to update the change set creator to an other user id?

Thanx, Steffen

Michael Valenta commented Jan 29 '14, 9:59 a.m. | edited Feb 19 '14, 2:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no way to change the owner of a change set once it is created. The Subversion importer that ships with RTC uses a special import API for creating a change set with a given user id and timestamp. See the IWorkspaceConnectionInteropAdapter interface for the client API that does this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.