It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirments Manager OSLC Query - Matching artifcats and artifcats returned counts don't match

Stephen Purvis (1111) | asked Aug 29 '12, 11:14 a.m.
retagged May 25 '13, 4:36 p.m. by Scott Rich (57136)

When using the oslc query on a project to identify all artifacts the <dcterms:title>Query Results: value differs from the actual <rdfs:member> results returned, I seem to only ever retrieve a maximum of 512.  I've tried using paging however this makes no difference.

Is there any setting within JAZZ RM Rest API which limits the results set, and if so does anyone know of a way to retrieve the full result set as currently I am unable to scan all artifcats for content which needs to be modified.

3 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Sep 01 '12, 9:24 a.m.
Hi,
I just confirmed that it is fixed in 4.0 and above version of RRC. There was an issue in that was not properly handling the size of the results.

permanent link
Stephen Purvis (1111) | answered Aug 30 '12, 3:57 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks for you response the version currently installed is 3.0.1.2 so if there was an issue on RRC that could be the problem.  Do you have any details or links to the problem and how it was resolved?

I've already tried using the paging as you have described, I would expect to get back 20k + when I set the page size to 200 I only got back 2 and a half pages (512 records in total).

I read the following article on the OSLC website:

Provider response-size limitations

When a client requests a resource that an OSLC Service considers to be too large to return in one response and the client has not indicated that it desires paging (via oslc.paging or oslc.pageSize), the OSLC Service MAY redirect the client to a representation that contains partial information about the resource, as follows:

• The OSLC Service receives an HTTP GET request for a resource that exceeds size limits and URL does not include oslc.paging or an oslc.pageSize key/value pair.
  • The OSLC Service returns an HTTP Status 302 redirect a URL that does include the key/values for paging, as follows:
    • If the client did not indicate paging, the new redirect URL MUST include the oslc.paging pair.
    • If the client indicated a page size, then the redirect URL MUST include the oslc.pageSize pair with a size value that is acceptable to the service.
  • The client MAY choose to follow the redirect and receive a representation that contains partial information about the resource.

On receiving a resource representation, OSLC Clients SHOULD check for the presence of an oslc:nextPage value to determine if the representation contains partial information about the resource. If the value is present, then paging is in effect and the representation contains partial information about the resource.

So I assume that in version 3.0.1.2 the max number of artifacts returned is 512.  Just can't seem to find any confirmation of this in any documentation.

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Aug 29 '12, 1:27 p.m.
Hi,
Are you using the paging operators ?
        &oslc.paging=1&oslc.pageSize=100

If so then the title will return the total number of matching artifacts, but the number of member returned are the pageSize ( or less in case it is the last page and can not be full-filled )

The presence of the oslc:nextPage will indicate if paging is being used.

There was an issue on RRC but it was fixed in 3.0.1.3,  4.0 and later versions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.