It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not load license file after migrate from 3.0.1 to 4.0

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Aug 28 '12, 4:49 p.m.
edited Aug 28 '12, 4:51 p.m.
I am using a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server. I have the RTC Free version.
After migrate from 3.0.1 to 4.0, when I try to load the license file I get the error below. So, the license panel shows Developers lincense as Trial.
The upload did not complete in a reasonable amount of time; the server may be unavailableID CRJAZ1490E
Any idea about to fix ?
Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 29 '12, 2:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Carlos,

you can either upload the new 4.0 license file before doing the upgrade. Please try to download the 10 free licenses for 4.0 from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0/RTC-Developer-10-C-License-4.0.zip and try to uploading it again. Maybe your file is corrupt. Try to use a download helper.

If that does not work, could you provide more information from the log files?

Comments
carlos roberto commented Aug 29 '12, 3:54 p.m.

Hi Ralph. Thanks for your answer. I tested your link and the result is the same: the file is not loaded. Another issue I could see is that when I open the the browser or the RTC client (4.0) on my remote machine, the connection fails. I mean, my machine can not connect with Tomcat 7. But all this environment was working with RTC 3.0.1. Any idea which log file I need check or if you prefer that I attach any log file here? Thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 30 '12, 2:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Carlos,

I would suggest to roll back to the previous version. Then try the upgrade in an isolated test environment. Test and make sure it works. There is information about upgrading in the Library here on Jazz.net that complements the interactive upgrade guide in the info center http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp .

One thing we just learned is you need to run the upgrade scripts as administrator on Windows.

You can check the upgrade logs in <install-dir>/server/, <install-dir>/server/upgrade/ccm, <install-dir>/server/upgrade/jts the application logs in <install-dir>/server/logs and the tomcat logs in <install-dir>/server/tomcat/logs. I can't guide you which logs are of interest, I would at least check CCM and JTS.

If you can login locally and not remotely I think you have a network issue. 

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Sep 12 '12, 3:29 a.m.
I was having the customer with the same issue. They tried Firefox instead of IE which fixed the issue.

permanent link
robert genzinger (1613) | answered Sep 13 '12, 12:11 p.m.
Hi Carlos,

to clarify the last entry:
at this customer IE do not work, cause the security rules are tighten by the IT.
With an open Firefox it works.

So i think this it's not a browser problem. It's a problem of the security settings in the browser.

kind regards
Robert

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.