It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export SCM content from RTC 3.X via java or REST api

John Rath (3124) | asked Aug 28 '12, 11:00 a.m.
edited Aug 28 '12, 11:03 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hello everyone!

I've run into a bit of a stopping block in my development of an extension for RTC 3.0. 

Up to this point, I have been able to access the majority of the elements in the RTC system through the RESTful API without much of an issue.  However, I've scoured these forums and google to try and find an answer to this question, with little to no luck.  Hopefully someone here has implemented this and can point me in the right direction, or can at least give me a helpful hint.

I would really prefer to implement this through the RESTful APIs, but if that's not possible, then using the standard java library or a combination of REST/Library would work. 

Specifically, I need to get able to access SCM data (all of the data - metadata, files, etc) through either the RESTful APIs or the repository and extract that.  Additionally, I will need to be able to import my own data into this system in the near future.

Thanks everyone.

2 answers

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered Nov 26 '12, 9:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Wrt to Java interfaces : using SCM & Filesystem client interfaces (like IWorkspaceConnection, IConfiguration, IFileContentManager ) you should be able to export the latest filetree from a workspace and download the contents appropriately.  Many of these are part of the RTC SDK and are fairly stable.  There are not many good stable REST interfaces for SCM at this time.  

JohnC

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 26 '12, 9:56 a.m.
why not use the SCM commands, which do the same thing?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.