It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem submitting a build request from RTC without explicity specifying a build engine

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Aug 28 '12, 3:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a customer who has created a build engine to use the Rational Build Forge Agent and a build definition that selects a Build Forge project to run.  When the build is requested, if the build engine is not explicitly chosen, the build request stays pending.  In other words, if you take the default of 'any supported engine', the request hangs.  Looking at the Build Forge console, I have confirmed that the build did indeed not get started.  I've not seen this behavior before. 

The customer is using RTC 3.0.1 and RBF 7.1.3.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 28 '12, 8:12 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 28 '12, 8:14 a.m.
 Expanding on Ralph's point, this is a known defect:
RTC 3013 Build requests stay in pending if <any supporting engine> is used (218492)

The workaround is what you are already doing, selecting a specific engine.  To request a hotfix a PMR would need to be entered.

~Spencer
Tim Feeney selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Feeney commented Aug 28 '12, 8:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Spencer and Ralph. Sounds like I did stumble upon the same issue. To confirm though, this is only a problem in 3.0.1.x, correct? I have my own environment setup with RTC 4.0 and RBF 7.1.3.3 and this issue hasn't bit me there.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 28 '12, 4:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tim,

I sent you an e-mail. I stumbled about a test fix that was provided recently that might (or might not) have something to do with what you see. I would suggest to create a PMR or at least a work item for this. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.