It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web Tools Platform in RTC 3.0.1?

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Aug 27 '12, 5:27 p.m.
I'm interested in installing the Javascript Development Tools from the Web Tools Platform.  Version 3.3.2 is current  at the update site:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/indigo/

I selected the Javascript Development Tools, plus the JavaServer Faces Tools and Eclipse Faceted Project Framework to satisfy dependencies.  I hit another problem that the bundle "org.eclipse.core.filesystem [1.3.0,2.0.0)" could not be found.  I see I have org.eclipse.core.filesystem_1.2.2.R35x_v20100928-0452 installed.  I'm note sure how to proceed.  I don't know if I can upgrade this core component without bricking my RTC installation.  Thoughts/advice?

Chris

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 27 '12, 7:04 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 7:05 p.m.
I tried that too..  and finally went the other way.

download the WTP full eclipse, and install the RTC P2 client update into it instead.... 

spent 3 weeks one way, 5 minutes the other.

I also saved the final setup (zipped directory) in case I need to do something with it (restore or whatever)

sam
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chris Barlock commented Aug 27 '12, 7:42 p.m.

Sam, that's an innovative approach! Thanks.

Chris

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 28 '12, 8:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that in general, that is always the approach to try first when trying to combine the RTC plug-in with other plug-ins. One of the advantages of having so many core Eclipse developers on the RTC team is that the RTC plugin is maximally "well behaved" ... and so the chances of it functioning properly in an arbitrary Eclipse environment is much higher than for most other Eclipse plug-ings.

One other answer

permanent link
zhuang JunQian (1188) | answered Nov 27 '12, 8:44 a.m.
I tried, failed. and I am trying to have RTC installed to the eclipse EE now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.