It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Result Save extension point?

Liora Milbaum (513282117) | asked Aug 27 '12, 12:57 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 1:04 p.m.
 I want to add a post operation plug-in when a build result is saved. It happens when one decides to make a release out of the build.

Is it possible? Where can I find information how to implement it?

Thanks,
Liora

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 27 '12, 1:21 p.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 1:22 p.m.
I don't see that extension point in the project team configuration, operational behavior.

I do not know if there is another point in the Build toolkit sdk
we are interested in the same capability

Sam

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Aug 28 '12, 8:38 a.m.
There is no operation id on this. But you can use an event handler instead: the event class is com.ibm.team.build.category.BuildResultChanged.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Aug 31 '12, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, saving build items is a process-controlled operation, so you could add a precondition or follow-up action.
The operation id is "com.ibm.team.build.server.saveBuildResult", but if it's creating a release that you're after, that doesn't actually modify the build result (other than marking it as not to be deleted), it creates a separate kind of item for the release: an com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.IDeliverable item, which refers to the build as its artifact property.  Saving a deliverable is controlled by the Work Item's Save Deliverable operation, id: "com.ibm.team.workitem.server.saveDeliverable".

Can you say more about what you're trying to do?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.