It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Mail notification discarded by anti spoofing software

Gilles Kekenbosch (16177) | asked Aug 27 '12, 12:12 p.m.

Most of the time notification mails are sent using "notification.mail.from" parameter but in case of invitation to join a team where the current user mail adress is used instead. Is it right ?.

In such a case, entreprise anti spoofing software may discard such mails because they are not truly originated by the captioned user.

It should be nice to be able to prevent Jazz from using user mail address within notifications.

2 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Aug 27 '12, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Giles,

You are correct that the team invitations are sent from the current user and work item notifications are sent using the user defined in the Mail settings.

I have filed an Enhancement Request against the Process component to consider using the default mail user rather  than the currently logged in user as the sender. You can follow along with the discussion here.

By the way, what keeps the enterprise anti-spoofing software from discarding the work item notifications?

Thanks,
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Developer

permanent link
Gilles Kekenbosch (16177) | answered Sep 04 '12, 4:13 a.m.

Hello Martha,

Thanks for your answer.

"By the way, what keeps the enterprise anti-spoofing software from discarding the work item notifications?"

I am not sure (as a french) to well understand your point.

This is the use case: Our Jazz server is located outside the enterprise network because it is used by both people belonging to the enterprise and by people not belonging to the enterprise (customers & partners). If I make use of my enterprise mail adress in my user account, RQM will send mails from outside the enterprise network from an adress which is supposed to be managed from inside the enterprise network only. This is not allowed by anti spoofing software. Now, if I make use of another mail adress which is not related to the company mail, it works.

As a matter of fact, this can be the trick: make jazz sending the notification to the proper receiver from the actual user with "@<jazz_server>.com" extension instead of the actual user @ extension. Means two parameters at jazz server level: the existing "notification.mail.from" and a personal extension to be used when notification is made personal instead of the actual one (can be the same).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.