It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz.net plans - examples of links to RQM?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Aug 24 '12, 1:32 p.m.
edited Sep 05 '12, 11:43 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)
I'm looking for examples of linking strategies between CCM plans and RQM artifacts that support visibility of progress for the project manager, traceability for product managers, as well as the sanity of the test team.

I tried trolling through the Jazz.net plans but so far haven't seen any links to RQM.

This task mentioned tracking a test effort but I can't see a link to RQM.

Is that because there isn't a link, or because I don't have permissions to see it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 27 '12, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For example, RQM 4.0 development plan CLM 2012 Release Plan (QM) contains 'Tested by Test Plan' links.  The linked test plan contains the test cases to test plan item [QM] Data Reorganization (server rename) (52657) (see 'Tested by Test Case' links).
Andrew Codrington selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
May Wong (3712) | answered Aug 24 '12, 3:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

I may not interpret your needs correctly. Are you looking for how to link a plan item to a test case and display that connection in a plan? If this is the case, first you select "Traceability" from the "View As" options in a plan, then use the feature of "Edit " a plan view to add a column (e.g.Tested By Test Case) to your plan. ( there are other columns you can add which will establish a relationship between a plan item and a RQM artifact ). After you add this column to the plan view, you can select a RQM artifact to associate with the selected plan item through the linkage dialog.

Please let us know whether this is what you're looking for. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.