It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

One incorrect test case creating into RQM using RQMExcelWordImporter

Vivek Agarwal (325) | asked Aug 24 '12, 7:32 a.m.
I have 1to1 mapping in test cases & test scripts. So in my spreadsheet, I have a column "B" representing test case name. Using that column, I am writing below code:

testscript.XLSArtifactID="TS_" & B
testscript.dc:title="TS_" & B

testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

//testcase.XLSArtifactID="TC_" & B ---with/ without this, not useful
testcase.dc:title="TC_" & B

for example if I have 2 test scripts in my spreadsheet then 2 test scripts are correctly imported into RQM but there are 3 test cases are imported; 2 are correct & linked correctly with test scripts and 1 incorrect test case (name with TC_ only. no content). Please let me know how can I escape from that incorrect test case?

With regards,
Vivek Agarwal  

2 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 24 '12, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vivek,
in your excel document, are there more than one worksheet and one is blank?
and are you using Excel IMporter 3.x, if so because you are using testcase.dc:title="TC_" & B
even blank worksheet will create new testcase as the title will not be blank, "TC_"+"" -> TC_ as title.
if you don't want to create it, just delete the blank worksheet will be ok.
by the way, we have fix the problem in Excel Importer 4.x in Excel migration when using only static cells and literal strings, empty worksheets still create XMLs (51394)

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 24 '12, 8:58 a.m.

There is only one worksheet with test scripts. I don't have any blank worksheet. Excel importer version is "1.0.4465.14983". I am working on client's RQM sandbox on different network & not possible to switch to another version.

Hao Wan commented Aug 24 '12, 9:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

can you send me the use case through email?

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 24 '12, 11:49 a.m.

I am not able, what is use case here? Also please let me know your email id.

Hao Wan commented Aug 26 '12, 10:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vivek, you can send email to wanhaobj@cn.ibm.com, and send the excel and config file you met the problem, thank you.

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 28 '12, 4:36 a.m.

Hi Hao, I don't have anything on my system, everything is on client network & not possible to transfer the file from there. I'll try to describe both the file here:

1. Excel sheet: S.No. Test Case Name Subject Step No. Action Expected Owner ------ ---------------------- ---------- ---------- -------- ------------ -------- 1 To check for... Objective: Step 1 Login.. success.. vivek

.....                                                     Step 2      ......          .......

</n> 2 .......... .......... Step 1 ..... ........ xyz ...... Step 2 ...... ........

2. Config file: Almost (with some changes) similar to sample config file "Scripts that create testcases.cfg". What changes I have made in config file are mentioned in my original question.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

With regards, Vivek Agarwal

Hao Wan commented Aug 28 '12, 5:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vivek, did you met the same problem when using the sample "Scripts that create testscase"? if not please suggest how to change the sample to recreated the problem you met, so we can better understand your problem.

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 28 '12, 6:52 a.m.

Hao, problem is not due to changes in excel sheet. Problem is only due to changes in config file. For replicate the issue, you can make changes in config file with the help of first question which I have raised here.

Hao Wan commented Aug 28 '12, 9:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vivek, I just tried with RQM Excel Importer 3.0.1.4, and using the similar config file as you mentioned, I met the same problem, and I tried with RQM Excel Importer 4.0 and it works fine, so the problem has been fixed in 4.0, if you need this fix in 3.0 please open a defect on 3.x importer.

Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 29 '12, 6:45 a.m.

Hi Hao, this new fix (on 3.x) will not be useful for me as this will not be available on client network. So I have to work on the same version & same fix. Please let me know any work around here.

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 29 '12, 11:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vivek,
one alternative way is using
testcase.dc:title=B  instead of testcase.dc:title="TC_" & B

Comments
Vivek Agarwal commented Aug 30 '12, 5:05 a.m.

But it doesn't solve my purpose. :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.