It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to open file from stream with special editor?

Yehiel Glass (25538986) | asked Aug 23 '12, 12:54 p.m.
Hello,
When I open a file from my local eclipse workspace, I can select the editor to open the file with.
I have problem to open some files from the stream. I thought maybe I need to define the right editor that will open them. Is it possible to set the editor that will open the file on the stream ?
I saw  another question in the forum but the date is Jul 26 '10, 4:21 p.m. so I'm asking again to know if there's something new about it..
Thanks,
Yehiel

2 answers

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Aug 23 '12, 10:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Maybe this is not viable option.  I was able to change the editor for stream ( "Repository Files" view )
  • Window -> Preferences
  • General -> Editors -> File Associations
  • Add file type and set associate editors.
 For example, if I add .pdf, and associated internal text editor, .pdf file was opened within internal text editor.

I hope this can be short term work around.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 23 '12, 10:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The work item that was submitted is: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/123324

This work item has not been implemented.  Please feel free to add a comment to the work item, indicating your interest/support.

Cheers,

Geoff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.