It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Suppress does not work well in WEB UI

Rubin Zheng (1698) | asked Aug 23 '12, 11:43 a.m.
edited Aug 23 '12, 11:45 a.m.

We  want to hide some menus in RTC WEB UI. But it looks it does not work well in RTC 4 eGA.

We want to hide  menu "Project Areas, Templates and Access Group" in ccm/admin web page. It was set like this:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService

{"com.ibm.team.rtc.web.rationalTeamConcert": ["com.ibm.team.scm","com.ibm.team.build","com.ibm.team.build.reports"],"com.ibm.team.app.web.admin":["com.ibm.team.process.ProcessTemplateManagement","com.ibm.team.process.AccessGroupManagement","com.ibm.team.process.ProjectAreaManagement"],"com.ibm.team.repository.web.admin":["com.ibm.team.repository.provision"]}

After refresh, these 3 menus were hidden successfully in a Jazz Admin account.  But when a JazzUsers logon the page, the hidden menus were still there. The setting only affect Jazz Admin users??

Anybody can help? Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 23 '12, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rubin,

as far as I know there is no official support to do what you try. I know some people have used the teamserver.properties com.ibm.team.repository.web.suppressedPages property to hide some menus, but you can still navigate to the artifacts.

permanent link
Rubin Zheng (1698) | answered Aug 23 '12, 12:02 p.m.
 Thank you Ralph.
 I understand this is an unofficial support feature. Just feel very strange that the setting only apply to Jazzadmin himself but not to other JazzUsers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.