It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Suppress does not work well in WEB UI

Rubin Zheng (1698) | asked Aug 23 '12, 11:43 a.m.
edited Aug 23 '12, 11:45 a.m.

We  want to hide some menus in RTC WEB UI. But it looks it does not work well in RTC 4 eGA.

We want to hide  menu "Project Areas, Templates and Access Group" in ccm/admin web page. It was set like this:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService

{"com.ibm.team.rtc.web.rationalTeamConcert": ["com.ibm.team.scm","com.ibm.team.build","com.ibm.team.build.reports"],"com.ibm.team.app.web.admin":["com.ibm.team.process.ProcessTemplateManagement","com.ibm.team.process.AccessGroupManagement","com.ibm.team.process.ProjectAreaManagement"],"com.ibm.team.repository.web.admin":["com.ibm.team.repository.provision"]}

After refresh, these 3 menus were hidden successfully in a Jazz Admin account.  But when a JazzUsers logon the page, the hidden menus were still there. The setting only affect Jazz Admin users??

Anybody can help? Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Rubin Zheng (1698) | answered Aug 23 '12, 12:02 p.m.
 Thank you Ralph.
 I understand this is an unofficial support feature. Just feel very strange that the setting only apply to Jazzadmin himself but not to other JazzUsers.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 23 '12, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rubin,

as far as I know there is no official support to do what you try. I know some people have used the teamserver.properties com.ibm.team.repository.web.suppressedPages property to hide some menus, but you can still navigate to the artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.