It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Burndown Chart In RTC Includes Weekends

Alina Daunyte (1312) | asked Aug 22 '12, 11:52 a.m.
edited Aug 22 '12, 1:15 p.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)

Dear RTC Team,

I noticed that burndown chart in RTC includes weekends. I see several issues as a result of this:

=>For our project the team does not book any hours on the weekend, hence there is no progress made on Saturday and Sunday. However, the burndown chart keeps track of the progress made on the weekend. As a result, every week the line is straight for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Since the chart does not indicate which dates fall into weekend category, the managers reviewing the chart can make a wrong impression about the progress the team is making.

=>Due to this "bug", it is impossible (unless people start booking hours on the weekend) to follow the ideal line.

Could you please advise how I should deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Alina

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Oct 23 '12, 5:15 p.m.
 Work item 176888. Subscribe to it. If enough folks subscribe, maybe they'll fix it.

Alina Daunyte selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Moody commented Jan 22 '13, 10:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, this is correct. We have not yet planned 176888 for a release, but we understand the interest. This will be a substantial rewrite of the report.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 22 '12, 1:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 22 '12, 1:10 p.m.
Hi Alina,

as far as I am aware this is a known problem and there is a work item for it. It is not solved yet. Bast way to deal with it is ignore the bump.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 22 '13, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Targeted the Work Item for 4.0.3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.