It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure Operation Advisor for one Particular TEAM alone?

Muthukumar C (32712833) | asked Aug 22 '12, 8:57 a.m.
Hi,

I have a Plugin but I want to implement the same for a Particular Project Team to start with. How can I achieve the same? Suggestions please.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 22 '12, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Open the team area:

Look at the Process:

Unfold it and press customize

Look at the operational behavior node:

Muthukumar C selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 22 '12, 10:57 a.m.
I think Ralph meant Team Area Configuration, but that is not by team..

the out of the box support, you can do configurations by ROLE, but not dynamically built teams.

Sam

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 22 '12, 12:32 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '12, 10:50 p.m.

Sam, yes, it is by role in a team. So doing this makes the operational behavior applicable only to items that are owned by this teams and for users that have a role that has it configured. It gets even more complex. See https://jazz.net/library/article/292 which still applies.

sam detweiler commented Aug 22 '12, 4:41 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '12, 10:50 p.m.

WOW!! thanks for the question  Muthukumar and for the answer Ralph,

learned valuable info

Muthukumar C commented Aug 29 '12, 3:16 a.m.

Ralph, I am facing a Problem again. The Preconditions configured in project area is not inherited to TEAM area process configuration.

Lets say if i am having "Required Attributes" configured in the Project area, I want the another custom precondition to be applied only for TEAM which means, "Required attributes" should be inherited from project area as well as the custom precondition also needs to applicable for TEAM. Its not working like that. It totally overrides what I have configured in project area.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 29 '12, 3:32 a.m.

As already mentioned you should read and digest this: https://jazz.net/library/article/292

Operational behavior does not accumulate behavior, it picks the first configuration for the first role it finds and uses this configuration.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 22 '12, 9:10 a.m.
If you have a deployed advisor, and want to only configure it for a specific team, you open the TeamArea process configuration and configure the advisor in the Process Configuration>Team Configuration>Operational behavior in that team area alone.

Please note you can configure operational behavior for individual team, iterations, iteration types etc. by simply opening the configuration for the specific owner.

Comments
Muthukumar C commented Aug 22 '12, 9:20 a.m. | edited Aug 22 '12, 9:57 a.m.

Ralph,

Really sorry. I can't follow what you mentioned.
I am configuring the Operation Advisor in the Process Configuration>Team Configuration>Operational behavior
But I am doing it by opening the Particular PROJECT AREA.

When I am Opening the TEAM AREA, this menus are not available. Guide me if I misunderstood something

Thanks

Muthukumar C commented Aug 22 '12, 10:02 a.m. | edited Aug 23 '12, 10:48 p.m.

Thanks a LOT Ralph..

Highly useful....

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 22 '12, 10:05 a.m.

Hi Muthukumar, you are very welcome. It gave me the opportunity to play with the new image feature!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.