It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Foundation User client access license expired after Aug 11 in 4.0.1M02

Super Wang (6077) | asked Aug 22 '12, 1:56 a.m.
I'm trying to dev a custom application with Jazz Foundation Server 4.0.1M2, this is the background.

And when I try to assign a Foundation User license to the new admin user, I found that there's no available license in JTS, so I checked the JTS admin console, and found the license is already expired after Aug 11.

So I went to the release note page, and found this:

Client Access Licenses (CALs)

The early access 'Foundation User' client access license key included with the Jazz Foundation 4.0.1 M2 Milestone - Jazz Team Server is intentionally set to expire in the future. Jazz Foundation is provided as early access technology and, as such, users and consumers are expected to move aggressively to the most recent milestones and releases in order to take advantage of the latest fixes and enhancements and to ensure that feedback is timely. If you see an indication that the license has expired, this should indicate that there is a newer milestone or service release available containing a CAL with an updated expiration. If you encounter this situation, please visit the Jazz Foundation downloads page and check the list of milestones and releases to identify a more appropriate download.

How could this possible? The 4.0.1M2 just released at Aug 7! There can not be a newer release just two weeks passed, right?

So, can some one help me on this?

Comments
Super Wang commented Aug 22 '12, 1:58 a.m.

And I have checked that the 4.0.1M2 is using the same license like 4.0, both of these license are expired at Aug 11th.

Super Wang commented Aug 22 '12, 10:34 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '12, 2:04 a.m.

Can anybody help on this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Aug 23 '12, 12:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks as though the licenses were not updated when 4.0.1M2 was built. 4.0.1M3 will be out in just over a week and the trial licenses will have been fixed by then. Sorry I don't have a better answer.
Super Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Super Wang commented Aug 23 '12, 12:35 p.m.

Glad to hear that, so I will try M3, thx.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.